We have been busy organizing meetings bringing together members of Congress, their district staff, local housing providers and other housing organizations this summer. We will continue this work across New York State to communicate the importance of HUD programs, housing credits and bonds to address a wide range of housing needs in our state.
- We thank Rep. Tom Reed (R-NY 23rd District) for supporting Housing Credits and Bonds as Ways & Means Committee Member and a great discussion of housing needs in his district and the state with NY affordable housing advocates and developers.
- We thank Rep. Joe Crowley (D-NY 14th District) for The Rent Relief Act – federal legislation that would provide two new refundable tax credits to people who live in rental housing. This bill puts renters in the conversation in tax reform with a proposal for needed relief to rent-burdened families struggling with housing affordability. We also thank Rep. Crowley for touring Scheuer Gardens and meeting with residents advocates.
- We thank Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY 1st District) for co-sponsoring H.R.1661 supporting the Low Income Housing Credit and Housing Bonds including Income Averaging! If enacted into law, this legislation will bring needed flexibility and efficiency to the housing credit and bond programs in NY. We also thank Rep. Zeldin for touring supportive housing and meeting with stakeholders.
- We thank Rep. Dan Donovan (R-NY 11th District) for meeting with advocates to discuss the importance of the HUD budget.
- We thank Stacie Dina, Rep. Stefanik’s Regional District Director for meeting with housing advocates and developers to discuss the importance of the housing credit legislation and the intersection of federal housing programs and funding sources in the creation and preservation of affordable housing.