Organization Name: Bronx Pro Group
Project Title: 2264 Morris Avenue
Project Location: The Bronx, New York
• Create a dynamic and inclusive project that integrates supportive, low income and moderate income housing to serve the diverse needs of our Bronx community.
• Holistically design a building that considers the physical, social, and environmental programing to enhance the complete wellness of residents. Design 2264 Morris Avenue to meet both LEED Gold and the Well Building Standard.
• Achieve project goals through a creative and collaborative financing structure that utilizes HFA Tax Exempt Bonds, MRT Capital, HFA Capital through the Middle Income Program and Homes for Working Families, HPD Capital, OMH Capital and Low Income Housing Tax Credit Equity.
Bronx Pro Group and not-for-profit developer Services for the Underserved are creating an 11 story, $47 million, 100,000 SF residential building (currently over half-way to its top-out height of 120’) to include 94 moderate and low income units. The project will meet LEED Gold and WELL Building Standard certifications, and include an urban farm, outdoor rooms, community and computer rooms, 24-hour concierge, security, social services offices, and parking. SUS will provide 31 units of supportive housing and on-site case mgmt services. 17 of these units will meet the NYNY III Population “A” criteria of chronically homeless single adults who have a serious and persistent mental illness. 14 will be set aside for young adults being treated in NYS residential facilities, leaving foster care or at risk of homelessness. SUS onsite services will meet each client’s need; onsite staff will include a Program Director, 2 Service Coordinators, a Vocational Placement Expert, and a Registered Nurse.
2264 Morris Avenue fulfills New York’s commitment to build high-tech, ecologically viable affordable housing that meets several community development goals:
1. Support Economic Diversity: 2264 Morris is programmed and financed
to be mixed income. The project’s 94 units are spread across a wide income spectrum; those making 40% of AMI will live next to those making 80%, including supportive housing residents. This mixing of incomes is key to keeping this diverse neighborhood distinctly cosmopolitan, distinctly New York as well as building and preserving social equity.
2. Resident Wellness: Working in tandem with supportive housing services, WELL Building certified 2264 Morris enables, uplifts and empowers residents and the neighborhood from within by providing meaningful pro- gramming, and healthy, nourishing living spaces through the use of bright materials and abundant natural light, high-tech energy, water, heating and cooling systems, and quiet, spacious outdoor rooms.
Bronx Pro Group specializes in real estate development, construction over- sight, property management, resident services, and asset management. Founded by Peter Magistro, BPG began with the rehabilitation of occupied, city-owned buildings. The company has since broadened its scope to include the development of new construction projects with residential, commercial, and community spaces. BPG has developed more than $438 million in projects (2,212 units) and has an additional 168 units in pre-development. Services for the Underserved works as an advocate for individuals and families with life circumstances marked by intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health challenges, poverty, histories of incarceration, or trauma. Through housing, employment, skills building, treatment and rehabilitation, SUS envisions a city where everyone is healthy, productive, and with social connections that make life purposeful. SUS provides close to $200 million in housing.